The Industry: A Look Behind The Music

After watching the Hip-Hop documentary, The Industry I vividly remember admiring the longevity of the careers of the managers, and record label execs like, Mona Scott Young who held the reigns as A/R and then continuing on to creating a reality TV empire with the Love and Hip-Hop series.

I learned that any successful career will encounter major setbacks and failures but letting fear stand in the way will only keep you stagnant and left in the cold.  Since this the industry I want to have a career in, this raw, though dated behind the scenes peek at the teams it takes to give us an artist and the music is inspiring but motivating to be more competitive in honing my craft so that I can run with the best of them, maybe even your favorite rapper someday.

Comments