Tyler Perry @ NABJ Detroit, MI 2018


 Don't wait for anyone to green light your success! Those words really stuck with me as Tyler Perry dropped countless gems in his masterclass at National Association of Black Journalist convention this past summer. For the past few months, I've been on the journey of self-discovery and in a word it's made become overwhelming honest with myself.

School however has really put things into perspective for me especially since being at NCCU. I honestly went into this thinking that this would be similar to attending community college but I'm glad I was wrong. The amount of beautiful melanin that I'm surrounded by everyday is so beautiful and comforting but also motivating. I really feel like I've found my niche when it comes to my major, Mass Comm. especially with professors like Ms. Rogers and Mr. Chambers I feel challenged and motivated to create connections and go after the success I often envision about without needing someone to green light me or give me permission to get after it. 

 

Comments

Post a Comment