What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?



Christina Boyd-Clark, a former student of Mr. Chambers and a current graduate student at NCCU(she attends alongside her son too!) stopped by to deliver a few inspiring words and life lessons she has experienced along her journey. She discussed her trip to Ghana and what she learned as a student and a mother and about what kind of legacy she wants to leave behind for her son and how she started her Youtube channel, The Total Woman and being a Mcnair Scholar. What really resonated with me was her point about only being connected to things that make you feel good and how you have all the time but to make that time count.

That really was inspiring to me because lately I've been in a funk kind of feeling uninspired and not feeling like I'm fulfilling a purpose but rereading her speech made me want to get back into the swing of things especially when it comes to my own journey and to not let outside factors like work and personal issues knock me off. I want to leave something behind for my family and I want to be inspired and fulfilled each day in what I choose to do so that if nothing else, I can reach back and help someone else and I'm so thankful for Christina who reignited that passion in me.

Comments